Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fly is doing really well, she's been learning about lots of new stuff - I bought her some super exciting things to get her used to when I was out; bells, hats (trying to avoid her being the same as Jet's hat "thing") and even a cat tent that she thinks it's superawesomewow.

The one thing we're struggling a little bit with is her tuggy. She likes all toys and will play with them, she'll chase the tuggy and grab it a bit (and we do lots of letting her win) but she seems a bit reluctant to actually tug it. On the other hand, she will play manic-tug with lots of other toys, in particular a furry slipper (random!). Anyway, my thoughts are that she either 1. isn't quite comfortable with the fleece tug in her mouth or 2. really, really likes furry things.

I guess I was a bit hung up 0n her having a fleece tuggy, as other pups seem to cope fine with them. However after some searching around about tug drive, I saw Susan Garretts blog (which I haven't been on for what seems like forever) and she talked out finding exactly the toy to suit your dog, whether it's a fly-swat like her terrier Decaff or a tuggy.

So I've gone for a happy medium and bought her one of these:
http://www.tug-e-nuff.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=43

How can she not like this lol?

No comments:

Post a Comment